Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Breaking in a hard roller skate?

I have the Reidell Carrera's quad speed skate and they are a very hard boot! I discovered my right foot is slightly wider than my left. It actually looks like I have a bone sticking out the right side of my right foot. Well the boot is VERY hard and I have had them for about 3 months and I skate about 12 hours a week and it's not 'breaking in', any tips? It's somewhat painful after about an hour. I used to not be able to skate for more than 10 mintutes at a time, so they are getting better! Help!

Breaking in a hard roller skate?
Hi Sarah,





Wow, sounds painful. My last pair of skates were a little too narrow too. They were the cheapy Torqs though.


Have you tried taking the boot into a shoe repair shop that can stretch the boot for you? That's what I did. If you go to a shop that has a stretcher they can try to pinpoint where to stretch it based on your foot. The machine uses heat to gently stretch the leather out. I've heard of other girls wetting their socks then going skating or sitting around the house until the boot dries to the shape of their foot but that sounds more like it shrinks the leather rather than expanding it. Try a shoe repair shop with a stretcher!!!



scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

roller skates Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting